Monday, May 22, 2023

Some Seed Planting

Today is vegetable seed planting day.

 
I found some Daliah tubers that were given to me last year.  They were really pretty.  So we will see if they come up this year.  So far it doesn't look very promising.


I planted marigold seeds in the dead zone between the trellis and the fence in this bed.  Then I planted several kinds of pole beans the length of the trellis.  Can't wait to see how they look when they are ready to pick.

This bed is dedicated to pollinators.  Marigolds should be coming up soon.

The right side of this bed is going to be Swiss chard and the other half of marigolds.  It is hard to get to the plants when the tomatoes in front of them make a green tunnel that only Spiderman could maneuver through.

My friend Jen from down the street gave me a bunch of 'tall flower seeds'.  We have no idea what they are.

I found some little cukes that I have planted from seed.  We are getting more in a few days.  This will be the cucumber trellis.  I can handle wait to pick the cukes!

No comments:

Post a Comment