Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day In The Books

That's me...The Queen
(the electronic card from the kids)

 I got to celebrate Mother's Day yesterday just the way I wanted to.  Church and teaching class, home to lunch fixed by someone else, and working in the garden.  Bonuses I got to talk to all the kids and grandkids, got to FaceTime with Michelle and Lyza, got gifts from people I didn't expect, got to go to a garden center for some plants, and had visits and garden deposits from Zimmerman's to help our plants flourish, and ended with a good night's sleep.

And I got to spend time in the garden doing with I love to do...getting dirty!

The planting is complete in this bed...Squash Alley!
10 dark zucchini plants
8 longneck yellow squash 
2 white Patty Pans
countless sunflowers
2 Bastisia flowers for the pollinators and 48 strawberries

Now all we need is some kind of covering for the dirt and weeds in the walkways and this bed is DONE CITY.  On to the last beds to be constructed...Murph is on that as I type.

Back to Mother's Day...
Emmy came and cooked dinner...all my favorites
burnt hot dogs with mustard
fresh cut strawberries
Cheese Puffs and chips
Pepsi
And we ate out in the yard under the oak tree and watched the birds.
My kind of Mother's Day.

Thanks, everyone for making me feel like the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment