Monday, May 1, 2023

He Is At It Again

 Today it was cold! and rainy.  I get a text from Murph and this is it...

Pressure-treated wood is all cut and ready to assemble for the LAST raised bed garden on NottaLotta Farm!

Next, I get this...' They are all completed.  I'm on my way to your house.  But I am going to need help because these suckers are really heavy.'

In just a little bit he drove up in his work van and unloaded everything by himself.  I did pick up two pieces that weren't heavy at all.  They were what was left of the wood that he didn't use.

Those are my two little pieces on the smaller bed on the left.  He said he had to take the work van back but he would be back in 10 minutes.

I was watching for the girls to get off the bus so I got a few bird's eye shots from the bedroom window.

It is raining and he still doesn't stop.

There is still some work to do...dig up all the flowers in the bed on the right, remove a few bricks to level the bed, make a bed for the middle area, and of course till and fill.


The door comes down.  Does anyone want a free door? Let me know ASAP because I will put it down by the street and I am sure someone will grab it.

Look how perfectly aligned the edges of these two beds are.  Murph and I would be the only ones to notice if they weren't like that.  See the stakes in the middle area?  That is the LAST bed to be made.

I'll transplant some more hosta or something else under the bush that Murph and I macassared.  Don't worry it will come back and be beautiful.

Check out that cutout that goes around the fence post.  As soon as I get the flowers dug up Murph will assemble the bed.  And I have to search for bricks, rocks, and pavers before we can run the tiller.

In my mind right now I am thinking this could be filled with several varieties of sunflowers...Sunflower Lane.

Once the building is all said and done I am going to have to count the number of raised beds there are in the backyard.  I think I am going to be shocked.  

I feel sure if the lady's softball games hadn't been canceled and the weather had been a little better things would look a lot different than they do right now.  Tomorrow is another day and another story.

Murph is a machine and he is a bit crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment