Saturday, July 17, 2021

Tomato Hornworm

 




I found a tomato hornworm on Murph's shirt today.  It took me forever to get it off his shirt.  And I'm not sure which bed that he decided to take a piggyback ride. 

I borrowed a bug house from Emmy and we are going to try to see f we can keep it alive and hopefully get to see it morph into a hummingbird moth.

The last picture shows all the stages.  Also, I learned that if you shine a blacklight on your tomato plants at night the hornworms will glow in the dark.  I downloaded an app and went out to see if I could find any more...no luck.  But I will keep looking.

Carly Rae is going to help take care of him in the coming week since she is the Science Coordinator of the Preschool.  And she has already named him Green Bean.  I think that's pretty perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment