Thursday, May 5, 2016

Denise And Doodles Come To Help

Denise AKA Grammy brought her sidekick, Doodles , to help feed the goats!

Usually, Denise carries her camera but tonight she said she just wanted to enjoy the experience.  And what an experience it was!  She sorta figured out that I really don't need feeding help, I just want for everyone to enjoy playing with baby goats.  And who wouldn't want to play with them!!  It is a challenge feeding them by myself but I have figured out how to do it so everyone eats at the same time.  It is a sight.  First, I sit down.  Boogie's bottle goes between my knees with a little pressure on it from my chest so he doesn't knock it around.  He is a rough eater.  His momma should be glad I am the one feeding him!  Scoot and Boot get a handheld bottle on each side of Boogie.  Someday I will share a photo.  If someone doesn't finish their bottle like that I then hold them, which they love, and continue feeding.  It is nicer having extra hands, I'm always up for the help.

And if you are sitting, you will most likely have a lap full of goats!  They love to climb, eat hair and nibble on clothes.

Boogie kisses for Doodles.

She loves them all!

The feeding schedule for May is up (look for it down a few blog entries) and if you want to help, just send me a comment or message me.  I love sharing my little NottaLotta Farm.  People I don't even know have visited.  The other day a man that picks up raw milk came around back to check things out.  He worked as a youngster on a chicken farm with 250 white leghorn hens.  Now I could learn a lot from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment