Friday, March 27, 2015

Dusting Bowl

By the looks of things we may not have many flowers in the flower beds this spring and summer.  The girls seem to think they can dust anywhere they want to.  No baby, no.  Not going to happen girls.
 
I've been thinking this over.  I've searched Pinterest. and the a light bulb went off.  We have extra fence rails so why not make a dusting bowl out of them.  When we lived in WI we made a backing for a flower bed with old rails gathered up from the subdivision.   They jut seem to be gathering leaves and covering the black-eyed Susan bed.
 
So I put Pappy on it!
 

I chose this area because it is on the farm side of the backyard.  I'm going to attempt to teach the chickens that all they would ever want and ever need is in this area.  They are smart birds and it might be a little harder than I think it might be.  They are such creatures of habit.

We started out using a post hole digger and quickly figures out that out fencing needed to be cut to smaller links and just digging a trench and using a mallet to beat them in the ground.  Good stress reliever!

EffieGrace was the first one to venture over.  She peeked in and that was about all.

I tried Plan B...put food all around the edges and in the center.  They will need some gentle coaxing I am sure.  Should have thought about this when they were smaller.  They are teaching me to be a better Chickie Ma for sure.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment