Monday, February 23, 2015

Snow Paths

Over the last few days we have gotten about 5 inches of snow with a little coating of ice.  The chickens don't care much for the snow ( we'll have to talk to them about that...my chickens not liking the snow...unheard of!)  I have trudged back and forth all over the back yard from the rabbits to the chickens and back over and over again.  There is a little highway of paths out there.  When I come in because I am so out of shape I am huffing and puffing like I just ran a marathon.  So yesterday Mark got the snow blower and  made some paths.  Love them and so do some of the girls.
 
Some still fly from place to place to avoid stepping in the snow.  Crispy is one of those kids of girls...wimpy.

Ellis and I put some of the good stuff in the middle of one of the paths to entice them into coming out.

We had a little chicken parade.

Sometimes the heavier chickens (Esthelle) fall through the snow and need a little help getting out.

Inez doesn't seem to mind the cold at all.

EffieGrace on the other hand is not a fan!

Ellis and his chicken.  He named her and he is always checking on her.

Not many people can hold Ethel.  She is a shy one and a hard one to catch.  But this good chicken wrangler can catch her most of the time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment