Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Frozen Egg


The difference in a few days...going from warm and sunny to bottoming out at -7 and 4 inches of snow.  I am not complaining at all.  I love the snow as much as the girls dislike the snow.  I open the doors to the coops and they just stand there and squawk. 

This morning I go out to give the rabbits water and to see if the survived the cold night.  (I made sure they had plenty of food, leaves and timothy in their boxes so they wouldn't get cold) and to check for eggs because I didn't want any of them to freeze... 

...and this is what I find.

So what do you do with it.  I really don't want to eat it...who knows what lurks there...so I peel it to see what a frozen egg looks like.  I let it thaw to see what it looks like and it looks like a regular egg. Duh!
 
Now I am wondering how long it takes an egg to freeze?  Guess it all depends on the variables.

No comments:

Post a Comment