Tuesday, February 24, 2015

OHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was under a quilt trying to get warm in the family room while watching TV and I heard the chickens raising a ruckus.  I mean they were absoutely going crazy!  I looked out the door and dropped my teeth.  A hawk in the tree watching them with both it's  beady eyes.
 
Mark was upstairs so I called him to see if he could get eyes on it.  It took him a minute but finally with some direction he say it.

I couldn't stand it!  I ran for my jacket, camera, and put my boots on as I was hurrying out the door.  No way this bird was going to put fear into my girls.

They were all huddled under the coop squawking like crazy.  Warning each other that there was danger near.  Not to worry girls, I've got your backs.

I got as close to the fence as I could get so I would be sure to get a clear picture to figure out what kind of hawk/bird was eyeing my girls.  I'm going to send this blog to my friend from the Cincinnati Nature Center now working as the Outreach Director at Black Swamp Bird Observatory in northern Ohio.

Huge wing span.

 The pictures aren't really clear...couldn't be that I was talking that bird far away from my girls.


Hope it finds another neighborhood far away to go hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment