Sunday, June 19, 2016

Pappy's Girls Photo Shoot

It is a challenge for me to get an individual shot of each one of Pappy's Girls.  But I gave it a shot this evening. 

We have figured out if we want Pappy's Girls to come around when we sit in the 'chicken chairs', we need to pen My Girls up.  The two groups of chickens tolerate each other in the backyard...no mingling yet.

Gladys strutting around like she owns the backyard.

I think he was able to get two of them to actually come to him to eat out of his hand.

 Cornelia, a large Jersey Giant, is always standoffish.


Cornelia's feathers are beautiful.  I didn't think I would like a white chicken.  She amazes me that she never looks dirty...even after dusting.

Martha, the NH Red, loves to perch.  She doesn't care where.  She just has to be up.

Ruby, Amelia and Leona checking things out north, south, and west..


Agnes doing some high steppin'.



A little bit of teamwork going on.

I love those feathery legs.

Found the flower bandit!

 Mark did some weed eating and that means the bugs are easier to find.

Playing a little game of hide-and-seek.


 Pappy has some polite chickens...taking turns perching on the old wheelbarrow.  



I think we may continue the game of divide and conquer until Pappy's Girls get more comfortable with eating out of your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment