Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Learning Curve For All Of Us

We have developed a little problem...one of the chickens lays eggs in their little roost room.  It must drop and land on the wire shelf under the roost.  This is the result...

A dented egg that has to be tossed in the compost bin.  So far day two of broken eggs.  I need someone to give me some guidance!  In other words, HELP!

Check out these beauties!  Pink, beige, green, and brown.  We would be getting five eggs a day now if we could figure out what to do with our slow learner.  Now to try to figure out who it is and what to do about it.  I think it might be Dixie because she was the first to lay but she did it in the box.  Now there are no brown eggs in the box in the morning.  Something is not right!
 
Okay.  I've been doing some research on our little problem.  So tomorrow morning before it even looks like it is going to get light, I will go out with a flash light and check to see if there is an egg on the floor of the roost.  If not half the battle has been won.  I will then get all the Little Girls out of the roost and close off the door.  So the only place to roost will be in the run and on the ladder up to the nesting boxes.  I'll keep an eye out.  I have it narrowed down to four chickens.  I'm still thinking Dixie might be the one who is a little mixed up.  Just a little training for a few days and we should be good.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment