Thursday, October 9, 2014

I Think I Might Be Going Crazy...

(...my family would say that it is a short road)
 
If you have been keeping up with the happenings on the 'farm' you will remember that one of the Little Girls was laying in the roost and the eggs had to be thrown out because they were cracked pretty badly. I had Plan A and Plan B all worked out but who ever she was, she figured it out all on her own.
 
I figured that they knew what they were supposed to be doing and doing it where they were supposed to, so I could remove the fake wooden eggs.  So I did.  I put all of them in the nesting box that has only been used once.

The next morning I go out to the coops and open the nesting box and find that some one, some chicken, had moved my pile of eggs and filled each box with a fake egg!  You might be thinking that my family is messing with me.  You must know that they wouldn't get up before the butt crack of dawn to move the eggs to a different spot....not if their very lives depended on it.  And I can not think of another person that would do it.  So I know that one or more of the Little Girls are trying to punk me.  They are probably getting me back for trying to remove them from the nesting box the other morning before daylight.

Four boxes, four eggs!  How crazy is that!!!!???  Dang I've got some pretty smart chickens!

This evening when I went out I found a green egg right beside the white wooden egg.  So I'm guessing the wooden eggs will stay there for as long as there are chickens laying.
 
Is it just a little disturbing that I think my chickens are a little smarter than me?  And maybe a little smarter is not right!

No comments:

Post a Comment