Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Garden Disaster

 Yesterday was a rough one.  We had a Corn 911 emergency. We had a storm with high winds with torrential downpours and it knocked down all of the four sisters.  I was sick to my stomach.  I tried to get Mark to help me do whatever I could but he just kept saying let nature take its course.  What do you think farmers do when they have bad storms?

So I called Murph and sent him pictures of the damage.  He talked to his boss and clocked out early and made stakes so we could stake them up.  I made ties. It didn't take him very long to get here.  Oh, and the temp was in the high 90's with nothing but humid sunshine! 


Before you say anything...Murph always goes shirtless.  And always wear long sleeves in the garden.  Usually, I wear long pants too.  It just makes me itchy.

He staked them.  I handed the materials to him.

The sunflowers were down also and the beans were so tangled up.

We got them all staked.  They were looking like they wanted to stand back up.  I called my 'twin' and asked him what to do.  He basically talked me off the ledge.  I don't know how farmers accept all that nature throws at them.

MORNING REPORT...everything looks like it will make it.







No comments:

Post a Comment