Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Fancy Tomato Stakes

My friend Betsy's brother has bamboo growing on the back part of his property.  Murph thought it was a good idea to get some for the tomato in the Goat Pen Garden.  So I asked for 20 as long as they could get them.  This is what we picked up at Betsy's in Mt. Washington.


It took three of us to load it.  It must have looked like the circus coming to town because a few of her neighbors came out to watch us load it into the truck.  We had to open the little back window and shove it all the way to the windshield.
I was a little nervous about driving on the Interstate to get home.  I didn't think if we went the back way we could make the tight curve in Old Milford.  I was holding on for dear life like there was something I could do about it if it shifted or started to fall out.

We called Murph on the way home to see if he could help us load.  He sure didn't need our help.  He singlehandedly pulled the bundle out of the truck and carried it to the Strawberry Bed.  I am telling you that the man is a beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment