Saturday, March 11, 2017

Second And Third Surprise Today

I wanted to go out for some fresh air and to talk to the animals...don't judge!  The girls greeted me and followed me to the scratch bin.  And I might have given them just a bit of a treat back in the back flower bed...it needs a little scuffing up before spring...the chickens do my dirty work.  Everything has to earn it's keep around here.  You just don't get a free ride.  Well, maybe the goats do but they are great entertainment.

I think someone is finally kicking in.  The darker 'chocolate' eggs showed up today!

And then there was this one!  An egg is a clutch with the others with NO SHELL.

I am amazed that no one stepped on it and broke it.  The best way I can describe it is that it felt like a blister that is just ready to pop.

Michael and I tried to shine the flashlight so you could see the yolk on the inside.

We just had to open it up.

Here it comes!

Big, beautiful, orange yolk.

Tomorrows scrambled egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment