Saturday, March 11, 2017

A Little Egg Toot

Making my usual morning rounds, cleaning out nesting boxes because the one hen house is a little overcrowded so they sleep in the nesting boxes...which drives me crazy. The bigger coop sleeps up to 8 chickens but only 5 have taken up residence in there.  Anyway...I always take a garden shovel and clean out the poop so the eggs don't get dirty...people like clean eggs.  I was just about to scoop this little 'toot' out onto the ground.  I think these smaller eggs are actually called fairy eggs.  This one was smaller than any fairy egg I have ever gotten...and we have gotten a few.  Just checking my info and a fairy egg is actually a small yolkless egg.  I have always thought it was just the size.  So Monday when all my dad's lady friends a Wyngate see the egg...we will crack it open and I will let you know if it had a yolk or not.

The color is such a dark green.  Emerald green.


It doesn't even register on the scale.  I measured it...from end to end it is 3/4 of an inch long.  And it is 1/2 in width.



No comments:

Post a Comment