Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Chillin' With The Boys

I have a little morning routine when I walk out to the Big Girls and The Little Girls open their door and set them free.  I check for eggs first thing.  This morning there were three waiting for me, one blue, one green and one light pink.  I love a good Easter basket full of eggs.  Then Pappy's Girls come out.  And then the fun begins

The boys eat like they haven't been fed for months and then the are off running and jumping all over the place.  They crack me up!

Today they discovered Binker, the rabbit.



They also started on the weeds (and flowers) in the City Park Garden.



 Scoot reminds me of one of the dogs that you see in that famous Dog Show that is on TV every year.
They love the wood pile.

Boogie likes to check out the chickens.

Always climbing!

If you look really close you can see a little pink tongue....I think someone is tasting my pansies.

Now this I never expected!  but I guess I should have guessed it would happen.

Yep, all the way in!


I think Boogie told the other two he had a really cool place to play Hind and Seek!  Pappy's Girls may never lay a single egg.


Ella helping herself to a little chicken water.

EffieGrace hiding the best she can.



Ella sure is a good old farm dog.  She checks everyone out.  Cleans up after them and then watches them play.  She gets along w ith them all but the boys aren't too sure about her yet.  Which seems really funny to me because she is about the size of the older goats on Digging Deeper Farm.

Can you guess what Boot is doing?

I think that Pappy is going to have some bare backed burning bushes

A new flavor of flower for the day.

Hiding while tasting the bushes.

Pappy's Girls are getting bigger.




I saved this picture until last because it bothers me.  I first saw this when I went out for the second seeding.  I immediately sent Lisa a text.  HELP! What do I do?  I am sure she chuckled because the text I got back was...
'Seems like he just busted his scab off too soon.  Should be fine.  You can put some ointment on it if it makes you feel better.  He was probably butting heads with the other boys.  It happens.' 

He's fine.  Hasn't changed anything about his day.

1 comment: