Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Great Chicken Switch-A-Roo

I have been keeping a really close eye of EffieGrace.  She still looks pitiful...those old feathers are just having the hardest time coming back out.  She got wormed so it is not that.  I have checked for mites...found none.  She eats.  She walks around.  She drinks.  She poops.  I am at a loss for what to do for her next.  My family has drawn the line at bringing her in the house and snuggling with her in the blankets.  I don't now why I worry so...she seems to be taking care of herself.

So last night I went out to lock The Girls for the night I could not find EffieGrace.  I searched everywhere.  There was snow on the ground so I thought I would just be able to follow the chicken tracks.  Only thing was...there were no tracks.  I searched in all the places she like to scratch.  No EffieGrace.  I got out some treats and shook them and called and called for her.  I was starting to panic so I went in for backup.  Mark came out in the bitter cold helping me look for her.  We even stooped so low as to look for feathers on the ground.  I had looked in The Little Girls run countless times but this time a little black and white ball caught the corner of my eye.  There she was all huddled over and puffed up to keep warm inside The Little Girls run.

And this is where I found her this morning...in the Big Girls nesting box.

Thenwhen I checked on The Big Girls....Sunny was just taking life easy in The Big girls run.  I'm so glad they all like each other.

Effie Grace wants to spend another night with her new snuggle buddies.  It is getting a little crowded in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment