Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Second Try

Since the first try was an epic fail I took Leah's advice and whipped up some garlic and cayenne pepper scrambled eggs this morning.  They gobbled the right up!  SUCCESS!  (I did it while Ella was sleeping so she had no idea there was a real treat in the backyard that she was not going to get to have).

There was lots of 'elbowing' and pecking going on.  The eggs surprise lasted all of two minutes.

I knew that EffieGrace in all of her embarrassment would stand back and wait until everyone was finished and then go over to get the crumbs.  I called her over and gave her her very own little breakfast of nice warm doctored eggs.  And I waited while she ate, standing guard so no one else could eat them.  She finished all but a little bit.  That little bit she guarded with her life.   Another side to her came out...survival mode I think.

I am feeling like a good Chickie-Ma right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment