Saturday, September 6, 2014

They Say Don't Let Then Get Bored

I'm going out on a limb here by saying chickens are like a bunch of two year olds.  Leave them alone with nothing to do and they are bound to get bored and they maybe into some trouble.  I had made a chicken swing out of some rope and a stick but they were on it so much that it kept falling apart.  Mark has promised he would buy the girls a real chicken swing...still waiting on it to come...  I have given the all kinds of treats that they have to work at to eat.  Things like hanging cabbage, watermelon halves, and lettuce leaves in a suet feeder.  But today with the help of the yahoos (Pappy can never tell them no) we bought two chicken treat holders.
 

I had visions of then chasing these treat balls all over the yard.  Instead they just pecked at them for a little while and then they were on to bigger and better things.  I put the treat balls in their runs tonight when they went to roost.  I'll check on them in the morning to see it they finally figured them out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment