Thursday, September 25, 2014

Herding Chickens

Sometimes I feel like when I need the yahoos to gather for something I am herding chickens.  If you have ever had to actually herd chickens you know what I mean.  They are everywhere!  They don't want to cooperate.  And they are fast!  So we had two small bamboo poles which helped some.  They still were making us work.  I am so glad that we have the fence.  For two reasons...so no one could see us trying to herd the chickens and so they had some kind of boundaries.
When my dad was here he got to see us in action.  Cracked him up.  He suggested that we tie flags to the ends of the poles.  Great idea.  Just getting the flags was  problem.  I wanted the triangular kind that are plastic.  Looked forever.  No flags to be found.  So Mark talked me into this plastic tape kind of stuff.  Bright pink!
 
Here are my two old bamboo sticks with pink ribbon

When my dad was here last time we went junkin'.  He found me some old ski poles that would be perfect for another pair of chicken herding sticks.

Usually we left them out to free range about an hour before dark.  They put themselves to bed when it starts getting dark.  The only time I really need to use the sticks is when they are out in the day.  They work perfectly!
   
So I was on a roll with the pink tape.

The Little Girls loves to hide under the burning bushes...which makes for a challenge when trying to get them back in during the day.  At night it is bot a problem because they put themselves to bed at dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment