Monday, September 29, 2014

I Can't Get Anything Done...

...because I am wearing a path to the chickens on an hurly basis.  Good thing Wammyville was closed today.  Working out in the yard I heard all kinds of ruckus in the coops.  I am getting to know the different clucks.  Today I heard a really fast, strong one.  Then a breather and then back to clucking.  I checked where the noise was coming from and found that one of the Little Girls was on the nest.  I was keeping my fingers crossed.  I figured out it was one of the Easter Eggers, Rayjeana.  Now I had to wait to see what color the egg was going to be.  Well, here is our first colored egg!
 
Now we can have green eggs and ham!

Check out that egg in the middle...long and skinny.  Have no idea who laid that one!  Guess I will be stalking the birds again tomorrow.  I'll put the yahoos on chicken alert.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment