Thursday, June 1, 2023

A Look At What Has Been Growing

 I keep track of what the veggies and flowers look like monthly.  Here is a little preview of May.

I have to clip off the first strawberry blossom to make this first-year plant stronger for the next few years.  It is probably the hardest gardening thing I have to do.

The first scape from the garlic.

Something else is in the potatoes!

Oops, I must have missed one.

chives

Another mystery bunch of plants.

We harvested these peppers from an actual pepper and then put them in the egg crate greenhouse.

I'm now thinking big white pumpkins?

An onion that has gone to seed.  You can harvest this and dry it out for seeds for next year.  I'm not so sure about that.

tomato bloom

Garlic.  Can you find the scape?

more peppers

mystery plant for the boys to take home

Blooms even before they get into the garden.


We have lost a lot of potatoes to the dogs and critters.

peas


I'm hoping this is a mystery flower.

beans

Whatever is in the bed just likes to dig.  It hasn't bothered the potatoes at all.

The mystery plant is ready to bloom.  Maybe then we can figure out what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment