Sunday, November 3, 2019

And Now There Is One

Inez is now the lone survivor.  I didn't check on them this morning. And I am kicking myself all over the back yard. Then after church, I called them and there was one.  I found Lucky not so lucky in the nesting box minus her head.  And she wasn't even stiff yet.  Sorry TMI.

She is so mad at me she won't come to me or even look at me.  I even tried to sweet-talk her with some scratch and pumpkin seeds.  Nope, just walked away.


Look at that smarmy look!

I took care of business and then tried to figure out what happened.  My best guess is that I didn't get the latch fastened tight enough and a raccoon got it open.  I feel so bad.  So tonight when I put Inez to bed I made sure that everything was locked up tighter than a drum and I even put empty trash cans in front of the door and by the feeder.  Maybe whatever it was squeezed in the hole where the feeder tube is.  That is the only way I could see.  So hopefully in the morning when I get up Inez will be there happy with me again.  I will have her a special little treat and hope that gets me back in her good graces.  Now I worry about her this winter.  She won't have anyone to snuggle up to so she will stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment