Friday, December 30, 2016

You Should See The Other Guy

This was yesterday.
And this is today.

This morning I went out to check on everyone since is sort of snowed and had been blustery during the night.  All water was frozen (while working in the yard we unplugged the chicken water heaters and forgot to plug them back in) and the rabbit was out of food thanks to some creature on the outside of the cage eating through the metal mesh at the bottom of the feeder.  When I got to the goat pen I say that Boogie standing in the sun, like he normally does.  With a closer look, I found this...

Oh my gosh!  

When I asked the vet about trimming his horns that if he did they would be a bloody mess.  Well, I guess he was right.

Now I am wondering what I should do.

Leave it alone and let it heal up.

Or call the vet for a house visit.

I haven't even gone into the pen to check to see if I can find the horn.  I will later.  I have been keeping an eye on Boogie and he isn't acting any different.  I just don't want him to get an infection.

You should see the other guy.
These two play rough all the time...headbutting and seeing who can be king of the mountain.  So I am guessing that is how it happened.



Looks like a slaughter house.


Anyone have any suggestions?

Look what I found...





1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Can you google it? Maybe some human anti-biotic cream will work as well as anything else? Some Bag Balm maybe? We have some if you need any!

    ReplyDelete