Friday, December 30, 2016

Night Report On Boogie

So I talked to the people where we got the goats..."Hi Jan, Just keep it clean and it'll be fine. When they have horn scurs, they can get knocked off sometimes. It should heal just fine. I know they can bleed like crazy though when it first happens." A friend sent me a FB message..."http://www.sufficientself.com/threads/help-the-goat-has-lost-one-horn.12732. And another 'farmer said. "I would call a vet at least to get the powder on it to stop the bleeding and give him pain meds.'  I called the vet and he gave me some tips.  So I did a combination of all of the above.  I even added ACV with the Mother in their water.

I bought soe of this beautiful red spray.  Boy does it stink!

Makes it look worse than it really is.

You really couldn't tell there was anything wrong with him.  Playing and eating like normal.  But maybe staying a little closer to my side than normal.  Eating and drinking well too.

Ella was out on goat guard duty.  I don't think she really understood what I was saying.  All she wanted was to be brushed/scratched.

The chickens were having a hay day in the goat pen today.  Have no idea what the excitement was all about .

See, eating the burning bushes as usual.


They just don't know when to stop.

Michael was the best goat wrangler tonight.  I'm glad he lives on our farm.  Knowing he can do this might be handy in the future.

I got a tesxt from one of my moms and she wanted to know if Boogie would be spending the night inside.  I said no.  I always ask myself WWTAD...What Would The Amish Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment