Thursday, December 29, 2016

I Think They Missed Me

Mark, Michael, and I worked out in the yard today while the weather was nice. There must have been 500 million oak leaves and some odds and ends from Mr. John's yard :).  We raked, mulched, and cut them up with the lawnmower.  We used lots of them as mulch in the huge back bed.  Then we spread straw that they neighbors gave us.  The chickens think they have died and gone to heaven.  They are scratching all over the place.  They were fat and happy when the went to the roost tonight.

I am hoping for that big snow that they keep saying we are going to get.  The temp has dropped and it is mighty windy.  And the sky is dark gray.  Looks like snow to me.  Guess I will just have to wait and see.  You know what that means...I'll be up all night looking for it to come.

I've missed those happy little chicken faces.





And then there are the boys!  They were so funny.  The whole time we were working in the yard, they were running and playing.

Sometimes munching on things they know they are not to eat.





The girls love to bask in the sun!







I sat down to rest and ended up with a lap full of goats.  Then they had a little shoving match to see who could be king on Wammy's lap.  Boot one but lost interest and Boogie snuck quietly in.

They missed me!

Now, come on winter, show me what you've got.  I'm more than ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment