Saturday, July 25, 2015

Meeting Peep's Rooster

Not sure of the story behind the big rooster but I can tell you the story about the little one.
 
The tale I was told was that my dad has wanted his picture with the big rooster forever.  I have no idea where it is.  I got a text from Cassie when she was home visiting her Peep and Papaw with the big rooster picture.  Okay, ha ha, funny.  I made a comment something to the effect of hope that was coming to my house when she returned.  Just kidding...where would I put it?
 
The story behind the other rooster is...Cassie and the kids were here when I got back from camp.  I wasn't in the door ten minutes and Cassie or was it Emmy, comes running in telling me there is something wrong with one of the girls.  I am moving in what seemed to be slow motion trying to take off my camp shoes and to put on my chicken shoes (we all wear chicken shoes out in the backyard, and only the back yard...don't want any germs going anywhere else).  I'm falling against the door frame asking questions like, who is it, what is she doing, when did she start this, who found her....all the time everyone is going along with the sick chicken story.  I get out to the middle of the back yard and see this big old metal rooster standing in front of the Big Girls coop.  Ha, ha, you all got me good!  I love my new rooster.  Just the ornament I needed to make the little NottaLotta Farm complete.
 
Now it is time to introduce him to the girls.  I put him out for them to see but in a spot they hardly ever go.  I call them over and give them a little snack right at his feet.  They aren't getting too close.

Ethel high tails it out of there.

Inez could care less...let me just eat the treat.

Nosey One and Nosey Two advance on both sides.

Ethel is still running around like a chicken with her head cut off.

They finally tell her to get a grip, nothing is going to bother her.

The Little Girls still aren't sure about all this nonsense.

EffieGrace could care less.
 
Just this afternoon a neighbor came by to get some eggs and when we came out the backdoor he asked about my new chicken.  When I told him it was metal he just laughed and said, 'I thought that was an awfully big chicken.'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment