Sunday, July 12, 2015

It's A Sad Day

I don't like it when things like this happen.  And I don't like it when I don't  know why it happened.
This morning I was going out to check the chickens and check for eggs.  The big girls were a little noisier than usual.  I soon discovered why.  I walked to the nesting boxes and noticed Keithetta just laying peacefully in the corner.  I talked to her and when she didn't move and I didn't get a response I looked closer.  Her comb and waddle were light pink.  That was when I realized that she was gone. I couldn't see any thing outwardly wrong.  No blood.  She was fine yesterday.  I guess I will never know. The saddest part was that Effie Grace was by her side and wouldn't leave her there alone.  When I finally got EffieGrace to go out into the yard I got the shovel and buried her in the backyard behind the barn.  It is sad to lose one of my girls but I also realize that it is just part of having animals.  It still doesn't make it better or make me less sad.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment