Saturday, July 25, 2015

Chickens Getting Use To The Pool

Plan B in effect.
 
It is a hot day and I know that they are hot.  I can see it in their open beaks.  I can see it when they dust in the shade.  I can see it when the walk around the yard with their wings in a real funny position.  So Plan B went into effect.  I put the yard waterer in the center of the pool on two bricks.

Funny but they were interested.

Almost one by one, taking turns they got a drink of water.

I added a few kernels of frozen corn to the bottom hoping they would jump in for it.  Nope, they didn't take the bait.
 
They just waited for the corn to surface then they plucked it out.

Some were better at it than others.

Then Susie jumped up on the side and I thought she was going to get in.   Nope.

I thought if I put a little bit of corn on the top that they would get in and try to get it.  Nope.

Susie did give it a try...without getting in.

Inez got the memo about kernels on top.  She tried but another no go.  I then put just a few pieces of cracked corn on top.  Haven't seen any takers yet.  I'll keep trying and maybe someone will venture out of their comfort zone.





No comments:

Post a Comment