Sunday, November 9, 2014

I Think They Missed Me

I am so thankful that I have a 'chicken farmer in training' in my next door neighbor.  All the time we were in WV I got report on how the girls were doing, got an egg count just about everyday, and I never worried for one minute that all the animals on the farm weren't being taken care of.  I am thankful for Farmer Luke (and his parents).
 
I felt bad that I haven't been able to be with my girls so today I cleaned out the coops and runs. added fresh leaves, sprinkled in some of Mark's sunflower seeds and a suet cake for each of the coops.


When I called them, they came running across the yard like it was the last thing on earth that they had to do.  I think I heard screeching sounds when they came to a halt.  I know I saw leaves flying.



You can see me!








Maybe I missed them the most.  We were out in the yard for more than two hours today just doing our thing...sitting and talking to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment