Sunday, August 31, 2014

Need To Read...

Since the Big Girls are beginning to lay I need to read to see who to teach them to lay in the nesting boxes.
 
But it looks like Susie already knows what to do.

Mark and I rushed to Michael's to get some wooden eggs.  You are supposed to put them in the nest and the chickens are then suppose to realize that this is the sweet spot in the coop.  So I got six eggs, two for each nesting box.

Well someone didn't want it that way.  Somehow one of the chickens moved one egg to another box.  I think I might just have the smartest chickens that ever laid eggs!

And look what happened next.  Esthelle decided she might try sitting on the wooden eggs.  We checked several time but no luck.

But lucky Emmy again...found another egg.  So grand total in tow days...3 eggs and 1/2 an egg shell.  I think I will probably be wearing a path to the coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment