Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Surprises From Every Corner

 

I have never seen this before.  The bean vine worked its way over to the tomato cage.  It wrapped itself around the cage and as it grew it pulled the tomato cage out of the dirt.  It was hanging in mid-air when I stumbled upon it!  CRAZY!

Even with the netting some cabbage moths got in and ate three of four plants.

Just now finally got some zucchini!  Planted once and the vine bores got all the plants.  So I went to the other side of the yard and planted six hills in the first raised bed.  All six plants have fruit on them.  I see some zucchini bread in our future.

On a  whim, I saved the top from the pineapple that we cut for dinner a few months ago.  I planted it in a little pot and look what happened.  All of the brown is the original top of the pineapple.  All the pretty green is a pineapple plant.  I have since planted it in a bigger clay pot.  Who knows what will happen over the winter.

The two growing bags are doing well.  I think it is time to thin them.  Carrots and radishes.

I found these hiding in the vines.

Wish I had known this years ago.  Those are raspberries we picked for our bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment