Monday, April 5, 2021

I Need Some Help

Well, maybe I should say that I need a lot of help.  Time is getting closer that we should be doing some things in the garden.  But we are at a standstill because the 'Financial Advisor' of Notta Lotta Farm is let's say a little under the weather and not even able to make it to the backyard yet.  But he is chomping at the bit and working hard in therapy so he can get out there and make the garden even better (and bigger) than it was last year.  And our gardening buddy had been put on lock-down until he gets his Honey-Do List complete.

So today Michael and I worked on a few things.  We removed a blue trap.  We took down some old window frames, and carefully got rid of some glass that had come out of one of the panes.

We need to remove the rabbit hutch and the window frame behind it.  Way too heavy for me and the screws seems to be stuck...or maybe I'm just a girl and my grip and hand strength just isn't what it use to be.  And that little green fencing that the dogs can now jump over needs to be removed and new fencing put up.  I have the 4x4's and the fencing already.  And of course the vision.  I just need the muscle!  Jeremy has already said that he would help with the post holes.  Jon Milligan is going to help me dig up some grasses and a big clump of iris plants where we will have the new Watermellon Patch, which needs to be fenced in so the dogs can't dig everything up.   If there is any fencing left the raised beds need to be fenced in. And the newest feature...the cattle panels between the raised beds. Then I think we will be ready for us to get busy with the gardens.

We aren't going anywhere this week except for therapy on Thursday morning at 10:30.  I'll be out all day every day getting my hands dirty doing something, but close enough to hear Pappy when he rings the cowbell for help.

FYI...the Sugar Snap peas are coming up!

And I was just informed by the Financial Advisor that we will be hosting a cook-out when all is said and done.  And of course, we will share all the veggies that we grow.

Anyone feeling the itch to get really dirty and tired with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment