Monday, August 15, 2016

Mark Scared Me To Death

 We have been having really unusual hot and humid days.  Those days where if you just think about going outside your clothes into sponges.  Miserable.  We have noticed that we need to fill up the animals water a few more times a day.  So Mark goes out to check on water int he middle of the afternoon.  He comes back in and yells at me that I need to come outside and see what has happened.  The first thing that entered my mind was one of the animals had died due to the heat.

I'm worried but when I saw this I laughed.  Silly goat!  He did this when he was smaller and could get himself out.  Once he saw me he looked and sounded like one of those goats that you see on FB beating really loud and sticking their tongues was out in the process.

He was sooo stuck.  There was no amount of shoving, pulling, squeezing...nothing getting him out!

He would calm down as long as I was in eyesight.  But the minute I was out of sight he would start screaming again.

We tried a crowbar and hammer.  No luck.  Then we realized that we would need to remove the board.  That wasn't ging to happen either.  Last resort was cut it with a saw.  I held Boot's ears and head so he wouldn't be scared or wouldn't be cut.  then I cut the back of the board.  I pried it again with the crowbar.  Then I muscled it off.

So now we have a missing board.  But not a goat trap anymore.

Such a pretty boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment