Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Feeding Prep

My little Fodder System came in a big box already put together!  Yea!

All I had to do was find a place, position the catch bin and the grow bins.  Simple.

Now the hard part...what is this wheat or barley?  I had to call the farmers I know at God's Little Acre and ask their expert opinion.  They assured me it is barley.

I am going to use the Army Method of rotation.  That means the bins are rotated daily from left to right.  Think I will play it safe and add numbers to the bins.  Leah and Michelle tell me that I will be able to tell which grow bin is the oldest by the height of the barley.  They don't even rotate theirs.  They are excellent farmers.

Fodder System
seed storage bin
soaking bucket
grow light
 First batch is in and growing (I hope)  Will soak some more tonight starting at 7PM.  At 9AM I will move #1 to the #2 spot and start all over again...adding two quarts of water to the top bins every night.  In nine days I hopefully will have a bin of fodder to give to the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment