Sunday, November 1, 2015

Losing Old Feathers and Growing New Ones

Mark went to pick up food for the girls yesterday.  He talked to the staff and they suggested since the girls were in the middle of a molt they should have this feather fixer.  Great idea.  One problem.  It is pellets and they don't eat pellets.

So being the good Chickie Ma that I am I crushed up the pellets and aded them to the chicken treat that I feed them to get them a little heavier for the winter (so they will stay warmer with an extra layer of fat).

So we will see tomorrow morning what the verdict is.  If they haven't eaten much, I probably going to send Mark back to the feed store to get the regular food and I'll have to figure something else out.  They need more protein now that they are growing new heathers.  Maybe some mealworms.  I'll need to do a little research.

No comments:

Post a Comment