Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Stand-Off

Last night I took a literal feast of veggie and fruit parts out for the girls.  The big girls earned themselves a little 30 minute time out tonight for chasing and pecking.  So tonight they will be standing at their door expecting me to let them out.  Oh no sisters, tonight you watch the little girls get all the treats for 30 minutes.
 
We had a little stand-off for about 5 minutes.  Keithetta Renetta vs Ethel.  Who do you think won?  And you better not poop in my seat!

Ha, ha fooled you says Inez...I get it all to myself!
 
I took a chair out into the middle of the backyard and threw the treats out in a rainbow in front of me.  The pics I got were blurry because they all move so fast...need to fix camera setting for the next time.  While I am browsing the shots Susie gets up on my foot.  Like, hey, you aren't paying any attention to us.  Next thing I know she is perched on my knee.  Just looking right at me, clucking away.  We were having our first heart to heart discussion about who knows what.  Good thing we have a fence and no one can see in.  They would have called for help for the Crazy Chicken Lady!  I called Cassie to check on Ellis and then next thing I know is that I have a chicken on my back.  I'm just talking away and she then jumps onto my shoulder.  I was trying so hard to turn the phone around to get our first selfie but no luck, she jumped down before I could take it.  Maybe tonight I will be ready on all fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment