Saturday, July 5, 2014

It Came A Day Early!

I've been so worried about the girls having to live in the hot garage...so I emailed my new best friend, William Holder and told him of my chicken dilemma.  And look what came two weeks and a day early...

My little red hen house.

Such a sweet man.  He worked hard after putting in a full day at his  job to make sure my chickens were safe and sound in their new house before he went on vacation.
 
He unloaded it and even helped us place it by the big girls coop.
 
Emmy and I moved it several times until I think we finally have it in the right place.

That is until Mark comes home and sees it.  Good thing is Mark has the day off tomorrow and we can always move it.  And we need to put the predator protector around it.

Look Alaire, Sunny likes her new house!

And this is how it ended up.  Emmy refuses to help me move it any more times.

The chickens aren't quite sure about it yet.  I just checked on them and they are huddled in one corner.  I showed them where the coop is and where they are to sleep, but they are having no part of it.  I guess they will eventually learn.
 
William Holder is the sweetest man.  He is very professional and really cares that he does a good job and that his customers are happy with his work.  I love the new hen house but think the chickens might like a little more room so in a few weeks I'm giving William a call and we are going to figure out how to add a run to the coop.  Check out his FB page and see the others things he makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment