Thursday, May 9, 2024

The Backyard, A Farm, And Plants

 It was a busy Saturday a few Saturdays ago.  Most of them are during 'farm' season.

I wanted to get the litigation system in before we planted this year to see if it made a difference.  So Murph and I stretched them all out and then checked for leaks.  There were a few so we (Murph) tackled that job on the list.

Our first stop was The Sutton Farm AKA Stonelick Valley
They had some alpaca beans for us to pick up but I had to check out all the animals.  They have fainting goats, chickens, two sweet watchdogs, three alpacas, and three babydoll sheep that I kept calling teddy bear sheep because that is what they look like to me.  They have the sweetest faces.  Samson is the sweetest Great Pyrenees that I have ever met.  He has a 'sister' named Stella but I don't think I got a shot of her.

I finally got Henry to come and get something to eat.  Holly was trying to sneak in for a nibble or two.

Henry loved Pappy!

Sweet Pea, Sage, and Sally.  Please don't ask me which is which because I have no clue.  All I know is that they are all so cute!

I'm taking a stab in the dark here and the lead alpaca is named Sawyer.  The black one is called Stanley and the little bit tanner one is named...

I think I bending Kurt's ear about his chickens.  I could have stayed all day.  Maybe I'll go back sometime and muck a stall or two just to play with the animals.

Susan and Kurt thanks for the alpaca beans.  It literally smells like lilacs.  We will let you know how the veggies and flowers do.  I know that one of our dogs loves it because I have had to shoo her out of the raised bed twice.  Bad dog!

Off to Grant's Farm, we go.   We have dreams of juicy ripe tomatoes, crisp cucumbers....the list goes on and on.  The boys trying to decide on 12 (only) tomato plants.

Murph loves a good trip to Funkes Greenhouse.  They have every kind of hot pepper you can imagine.  We have everything we need but I can assure you we don't.  That's half the fun!

Now to get dirt under our fingernails and get all of this in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment