Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cold Feet, Warm Hearts

Our first snow of the new year and the girls aren't excited bout it at all.  They really don't know what to think.  Do we go out in it?  Or do we stay in a bunch to stay warm. You go first...no you go first.  I'm not going if you aren't going!

You all talk about it while I fluff up to stay warm.

You bunch of chickens...I'll go first.

Forget it Dixie, I'm getting this stuff first.

Hey, we can beat The Big Girls to the food today.

 You can't hide anything from the Big Girls.
 
Hey, don't mind the dog, she's just a poop eater!


All that trick corn they earned by doing tricks is paying off....I can see that extra layer of warm fat!

Maybe if I walk on the fence my feet won't get cold.

Nope, it is still cold.


Hey, want to have a race and see who can stand on one foot in the snow the longest?

Synchronized chicken strutting 101

I have read that in the cooler months my chickens will slow down in egg production.  Quite the opposite with The Little Girls they are in full production mode.  Six girls, six eggs a day...even on gloomy, rainy days.

And then there are The Big Girls.  I'm lucky if there is one egg a day.
 
But that is okay, I'll take what ever they give me.  I'm loving this chicken farming thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment