Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Big Girls

First let me get things (chicken bunches) in order.  The first six will be known as The Big Girls (my father-in-laws sisters and other family members).  The second batch, we will call them The Three Stooges (that's my dad/mom combo and two crazy aunts).  And then lastly we have The Little Girls (the three that just happened in the truck the fist day Chickie Paw was able to drive for himself.)

So here are The Big Girls headshots.
 
The Welsummer...Inez

Silver Laced Wyandotte...EffieGrace

Buff Brahma...Keithetta

Austrolorp...Estelle

Silver Cuckoo Marans...Ethel

Barred Plymouth Rock...Susie
 
I'm 50% sure that I have the right name with the right chicken.  I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer to see how much more they change.  Maybe by the time they start laying at the end of the summer I will know exactly what name goes with what bird.  For now they come to me when I call them the girls.
 
Just a fun little tidbit...the other day I was in the run taking them and treat and talking to them and one of them (Ethel I think) fly up to the swing and sat there for a minute.  I was so startled I didn't get a pic of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment