Friday, April 3, 2015

EffieGrace Update

We survived the night! Both of us. I was up and down all night long checking on her. Then I finally realized that I was probably stressing her out by disturbing her all night long. So I finally dropped off around 3AM.  She was clucking when I lifted the blankets this morning.  Haven't heard her really cluck for awhile.  That was good to hear.
 
This morning I gave her a little of my strawberry banana yogurt mixed with her crumbles and oyster shells.  And she ate it!  I checked for pop and it looks normal...well, as normal as chicken poop looks.

I watched her preen herself...another good sign.  Her tail is still tucked under.  Once in awhile it is normal but goes back down and under.  I'm waiting for her to lay an egg so I know that she is not egg bound and to see what it looks like.  She is moving more and more.

Thought it couldn't hurt to put a little organic apple cider vinegar in her water.
 
Thanks for all the encouraging words and bits of chicken wisdom.  I love my chicken people!
 
Next report tonight before bed (her bedtime).  She needs to get better because she is having company tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment