Friday, October 9, 2026

Backyard Safari: the Wild Things We Find

 

I love it when we have Monarch visitors.  Wish they would lay their eggs.

I started harvesting zinnia seeds and was a little surprised to find this little guy.

It is acorn season around here.  Every time it storms, I have to go out and clean off the top of the French drain.

The first time I saw these poor birds, I thought they were so sick.  Come to find out after doing some research... nope, just molting.  They look so pitiful.

A bumblebee on one of the darkest bluish/purple Morning Glories I have ever seen.

One of those sneaky squirrels hiding in between the post and the mailbox, eating sunflower seeds.

If you look closely, you can see the squirrel's cousin, a little chipmunk taking seeds somewhere for the winter.

On the hottest day of the month, I found this snake just sunning in the backyard.  I almost stepped on him.  He was half under the grass and half stretched out on top of the grass.  I kept him long enough for the yahoos to see him after school. I love it when we have Monarch visitors! I only wish they would lay their eggs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment