Monday, October 7, 2024

Some Tree Trouble

 While we were dealing with a downed power line that strung from one side of the yard to the other our neighbors were dealing with trees and limbs all over their yards.  We were extremely lucky not to be dealing with any of that.

I don't know how but Gabe spotted a 'yellow limb' on the oak tree.  I text pics to two of 'my lawn guys' and then an email to the Cincinnati Nature Center to see if any of them could tell me about this yellow limb.  They all agreed that it was some type of fungus.  I was worried that it would spread and kill our awesome tree.  The consensus was that t it would be best to cut it off so no one or no dogs would get hurt.

Kory came over with something from his deer hunting/climbing equipment.

And there he goes up the trunk.


It is a pretty massive oak tree.

The affected limb looks like it has a light on the inside.

Kory cutting with a small chain saw.

Slowly but surely it begins to fall.

Kory's job is finished.

Now it is my turn to come in and get rid of the evidence.

 
I enjoyed my campfire with some tea and I listened and finished a book.

This one little piece is all there is remaining.

If it wasn't for our Wammyville family village I don't know how we would do it.  Thanks, Jon for doing the research, and thanks Kory for the muscle.


No comments:

Post a Comment