Friday, June 3, 2022

I'm Trying Something New

 This year I will try my best to work in the shade.  Last year the sun and heat about did me in.  So I am chasing the sun around the yard in the afternoon.  It isn't so bad in the morning but that afternoon sun is a killer.

I can hardly believe that this lone sunflower is coming up between the patio and the rocks in the flower bed.  And it is right at the corner and I can't believe it hasn't gotten knocked down.

I did manage to find a small bowl of strawberries.  They aren't very big but are they ever sweet.

I tackled this little monster today.  Man of man!!  I ever dug out a big old grass all by myself with every tool in the barn!  The door might need another coat of paint before too long.

Almost have it finished.  I need a little something, something in the front corner.  I'm thinking on that.  Gotta be something I already have in the yard because Mark says we are on a spending freeze...had to buy a new washer today.

Behind the red door, there is a place now called the rock graveyard.  All rocks that I dig up in the yard go here until I can figure out what to do with them.  Ask Murph, I love a good something made out of rocks.  He is not a fan.

I forgot to get a before pic of this third of this bed.  I worked what seemed like forever on this little section.  I made the dogs a little rock path where they always run through when chasing the critters in the yard.  I dug up hosta from the strawberry bed and planted it.  I even dug a hole for the grinding stone so it could stand and be a focal point.  Not ten minutes after I had finished the dogs proceeded to dig up all the new hosta!

You can see where I cleaned out all of the junk from the left side of the 'snowflake' magnolia.  I ran out of steam and had to call it a day.  But tomorrow is another day and I think it will be pretty.  We will see how much I get accomplished in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment